Sick rooster

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by donnyarmitage, May 30, 2016.

1. donnyarmitage

donnyarmitage Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2016
    I have a English lavender Orpington that tucks his tail,curls his toes and acts drunk.I gave my flock corid for 5days,then gave them wazine in there water today for worms.could I hurt them with the wormer if he doesn't have worms.?

2. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hi and welcome to BYC I am glad you could join us you can't hurt them if they don't have worms and with he corid you didn't do it long enough anyways but it's not cocciolois what ever it is. But I don't know what it is but I know it's not that so I would go and get some electrolytes and go down to tractor supply and get some antibiotics for him and just do that for a few days and if he won't eat and drink try and force feed and drink him. O and can you tell if he can see or is he just gone blind? And when force drinking make sure that opening in the half of its mouth is closed when giving water or you will get water in its lungs and that isn't fun trying to treat.

3. donnyarmitage

Mar 25, 2016
    Thank you.he is eating and drinking fine.but when he is in the run he just squats and sets there ,and when he gets up he stumbles around

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA

If you are going to try the antibiotics I would be able to tell you what and how to give it to him.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
  7. donnyarmitage

Mar 25, 2016
    Well my rooster had worms.the wazine worked good.he is already acting way better and standing up.yay.!!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad to hear that. He probably had quite an overload and that's why he was just sitting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by