Sick Rooster?

Supermommy486

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
South Central Texas
Hey there, I have a rooster that I noticed yesterday was just standing in one spot mostly. So I took him out, put him in a makeshift pen for a while till I could fix up something for him to stay in in the garage.

Other than being lethargic he has his mouth open but that's all I can find wrong with him... No discharge of any kind, not making sounds, nothing. His poop is a little bit watery with a white discharge and a small bit of green. He lays down and I didn't think he would make it through the night because he would lay his head down out in front of him to sleep.
sad.png

It's not a young rooster but terribly old either I think. It's a bantam, not sure on weight but I did notice it's crop is empty.

Any ideas for me? Now when I did go to the pen last night to get him I found a baby rattlesnake. I do not know if he got bitten, I cannot find any bite wounds but with all his feathers...I don't know.

Anywho thank so much for your help.

UpDATE* Now he seems to be having labored breathing. I will start searching again on here to see what I can find.

Last edited:
So sad. Can you or someone shorten his suffering?

(just saw your post and had hoped it might 'just' be heat, but then went on to read your second post
sad.png
)

JJ

Yes he is gone. I went and looked in on him and he literally took his two last breaths. Thank God cause with three little toddlers it's very hard to go out there and take care of one.

I'm going to put him in the fridge...is that the right thing to do?

Back
Top Bottom