Sick Roster- Looking for Home Remidies ASAP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Melinda1314, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Melinda1314

Melinda1314 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2014
    Hi, so my friends roster has started sneezing and wheezing just in the past night, we looked in his mouth and can see white mucus and inflamed all around is esophagus and into the opening of the bronchial tubes. We know of medicine that helps with respirator/ sinuses infections but the store is not open till tomorrow. We are hoping we can find something that will help him breath better over night as his mouth breathing and has shortness in breath.
    Hope someone has some suggestions.
    Thanks!

2. Luvmy9hens

Luvmy9hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Take him to a vet.

3. Melinda1314

Melinda1314 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2014
    vets around here wont take chickens but we are getting meds from the feed store tomorrow morning just need something to help him breath better for the night till we get the medicine tomorrow

4. Luvmy9hens

Luvmy9hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2012
    Upstate NY
    WE do not have a dedicated "chicken" vet, either. If there is an avian vet in the area, he or she can see the bird. We had a very serious illness in one of our hens last fall. She's recovered now due to the intervention. I hope your roo feels better! Keep us up to date, please!

5. LaylaFlora

LaylaFlora Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    How is he doing now?

I've heard that chopped garlic and fresh oregano in the water helps keep lungs healthy. I think its more preventative though.

6. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    This worked with my chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by