sick silkie chick .. advice plz

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chris383, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chris383

Chris383 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2015
    Hi. She has watery poop (both liquid and very clear) as well as an upper respiratory infection (sneezing and a bit ofa wheeze when I hold her to my ear) treatments?
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, i would suggest giving vitamin supplements / electrolytes in the flock's drinking water - it helps to boost their immune system and thus fight off the respiratory issue. Unless the problem appears to worsen drastically, i would personally do no more and let her fight off the infection.

On the issue of poop - have you recently de-wormed your flock? If not, then you may wish to consider doing so. I should say that i am not an expert on diagnosing this kind of problem, but its worth dosing the flock so at least you can rule that out - might be an idea to check on all other poop to see if you can see any worms.

Good luck and i hope that someone with some expertise may be able to give you a more comprehensive diagnosis.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by