sick silkie hen, plese help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rebel yell, Aug 5, 2010.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    ok, this is my 2nd hen in a week that has come down with this, dont know how to post pic. ill try to discribe it as best as posible, the first thing i saw is her eyes are sowlen shut & draining & allso discharge is comming from her nose, eats & acts fine, never had this problem untill i brought home this trio of silkies, first one hen & now this one, this is my very last silkie hen, going to go get some tylan 50 today & start her on it, does any one know what this might be, having very bad luck with silkies & worring me to death, someone plese help, think i might have brought something home when i bought these birds, oh & she just started laying 3 or 4 days ago.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
  3. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    thanks, but what do i give her & i know the rooster will come down with it to, he has been with her i know for 2 weeks now, will tylan50 do the job?

4. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
    First you need to make sure they have all of the symptoms before decided that Swollen Head Syndrome is actually the cause for their symptoms.

Then read this.

I never EVER tell anyone what drugs to use for their birds. I won't be held accountable for death in the flock.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=123652

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by