Sick Silkie rooster has been sick for awhile? Video Added..

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Teresaann24, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    1) What type of bird , age and weight. Showgirl Silkie, 1 year, Not sure on weight he is a good size not under or over.

2) What is the behavior, exactly. Seems weak runny dark to carmal colored poo keeps poo build up in butt Has trouble with Balance.

3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?1-2 weeks.

4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No

5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No

6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. He was a hen who went broody I moved him out and into a temp pen by himself. A little bit after that is when he began these problems.

7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. He eats 18% laying pellets and grass he is allowed to free range when he wants. He has fresh water at all time.

8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Its been runny and from a dark brown to a carmal color.

9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Antibotics-Vitiams-treated with sulmet.

10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? With lack of funds I would perfer to treat myself if I can find out the problem.

11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. I have a Video I will post soon as I get it uploaded to youtube.

12) Describe the housing/bedding in use I use pine shavings conditions have been muddy here

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Video of my rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by