sick silkie??? Thank you

Jstfixit101

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2018
I have a silkie (hen) between 2-3yrs of age. I noticed today that her waddles are pale and her eyes are closed. That is the only symptoms. The pale waddles are not spots they are pale in color almost white or light pink not red. None of the other chickens show any symptoms of being sick they have all lived together no new chickens added to the flock. Did have 5 babies hatch natural outside in the flock about 2 months ago but the babies are all healthy no issues with the babies or any other chickens just her. Like I said I do not see any other symptoms with her no discharge of any kind not wobbly she stands fine if I did not notice her not come running when I fed them watermelon just now might not have caught it they all come running for snacks so I knew something was up. I have googled but can not find anything with her age and symptoms. Any help much appreciated Thank you

Can you check her skin especially under the vent and elsewhere for mites or lice? What do her poops look like? You need to get her taking some electrolytes with vitamins with water. Offer some cooked egg and a bit of chicken feed mixed with water. A spoonful of yogurt added would be good. Can you tell if she has been laying eggs recently?

These can be found at Tractor Supply.
1560451417088.jpg

Can you check her skin especially under the vent and elsewhere for mites or lice? What do her poops look like? You need to get her taking some electrolytes with vitamins with water. Offer some cooked egg and a bit of chicken feed mixed with water. A spoonful of yogurt added would be good. Can you tell if she has been laying eggs recently?

I already do preventative for mites and lice. Had mites once in coop with my laying hen flock and that suxed. Ever since then about yr ago I do preventative measures I use plenty of DE I put garlic in food I put ACV in water and I also use Cayenne Pepper in scratch so squirrels leave it alone and they get vitamin water every 3 weeks for a week. They get fresh water daily at worst every other day just depends weather conditions if I give daily.

Back
Top Bottom