1. mellovessilkies

mellovessilkies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2014
    I have three silkies around 9 months old kept in a coop in my backyard. Last night I noticed one of my girls was just sitting and not doing anything. She lets me pick her up and do whatever I want which is unusual!
    I kept her inside overnight to keep warm. She ate some yoghurt this morning, but will only eat if cuddled in my lap. I have felt for an egg and nothing, and inching her crop is normal. She does have a very protruding breast bone.
    Her poos look normal. I'm really not sure what to do! These are my first chickens

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Was she hanging out in her nest box like she was broody when you found her? I would give her some soft scrambled egg, and put some electrolytes and vitamins in her water. Is she new to you or have any new chickens been added to the flock where she may have some coccidiosis?

3. mellovessilkies

mellovessilkies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2014
    She was in the hen house , they use on end to lay eggs. I don't think she is broody. She still hasn't walked at all today. She has been eating well but no water. It's raining so I'm keeping her indoors. There haven't been any new hens or food or anything

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by