sick silkies

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fishman65, Nov 30, 2011.

1. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    I have a small flock of about 25 white silkies that are wheezing and sneezing. It has been miserable weather the last 2 days with rain, snow and cold temps. I noticed today that some were weezing and sneezing so i think they have some sort of cold. what course of action should i take, should i give them an antibiotic, or something like vetRX or just give a little garlic and let them fight it naturally. they were fine before this cold front and they are about 20 weeks old. any advise would be appreciated.[​IMG]

2. Angeljim95

Angeljim95 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2011
    Denver
    I dunno what to tell you, my neighbor has some medicine but he's out of town right now so I can't really ask him try calling a feedstore and ask them if thats the last resource, I hope someone comes into here and helps though, good luck [​IMG]

3. fishman65

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    thanks jim...think im gonna give vetrx a try and see how it goes, also some oatmeal with garlic so they will have kissing sweet breath [​IMG]

4. fishman65

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    gave warm water with vetRX....they are much better...also oatmeal with crushed garlic.....now got to go buy 25 tic tacs...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by