sick stomach help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickabator, Jan 11, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    does anyone have a remedy for a very sick stomach? I really need some help here. tried pepto it does not help. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    cathy

2. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    slowly sip a clear soda

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Get it all out.... we hate to do it, but it you feel so much better when it's gone!

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I use either Peppermint or Ginger herbal tea when my stomach is upset. GingerAle, 7-Up and Sprite are all good stand-by's too!

Hope you get feeling better!

Dawn

5. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Quote:Is that your only symptom? What do you think is causing it....Flu.....or some other problem?

6. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    no I have other symptoms too I feel like I am freezing half to death, been up all night running to the bathroom I just feel so tired and just sick I thought at first what did I eat that made me sick but I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary so I don't think it is food poisning I think maybe it might just be a stomach virus or something also have a pain in my low right side but not bad just a dull ache

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  7. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    The reason I asked is dh woke up at 3:30 this morning with same symptoms. Must be a virus going around. He took an anti diarrheal and was ok for awhile but said his tummy was starting up again about an hour ago.

You could try some Immodium. Just clear liquids so tummy can rest. If you eat solids it will make it much worse.

Hope your feeling better soon. Keep us updated, OK?

Mary

8. smileybritches

smileybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

your apendix is on the lower right side isn't it??

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    My hubby's been home all week with it. I even took him to the ER because we thought his appendix burst. Im sorry but it's going to get really bad. But, thankfully, it only lasts 24 hours. The rest of the week he was just recovering [​IMG] My two year old has it now and has been a mess. Try to drink fluids with sugar and electrolytes like gatorade and take a pain reliever if you have one. I hope you feel better soon. Is someone there to take care of you?

10. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I can't drink sugar I am a diabetic. I understand what you are saying though. All I want to do is crawl under a big thick blanket and go to sleep I believe I will I have to get up at 4 am anyway. thanks everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by