Sick Turkey Gobbler

DooieDowns

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
Friday morning all of my turkey gobblers were fine. Friday night one was lame, by sat morning it was dead. This morning my other gobbler was fine now it to is lame and i fear it will have the same fate as my otherone by tomorrow morning. We do not have a vet that can help us. I am open for any suggestions as to what could be causing this. The turkeys are good weight, size, colour and have no visible injuries. They are free to do as they please during the day and are locked up at night. Their pen is beside our chook coop. I am only new when it comes to turkeys. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
sad.png

welcome-byc.gif

Take a look at their poop if it is liquid yellow and a little foamy it could be blackhead.

Do you have your turkeys with chickens together?

Please describe `lame'. Stumbling/weaving/half-standing or, just limping? Standing with wings/head hanging down/lethargic? Has it been raining at your location? Has it been unusually hot? What is their regular feed, did you change to another brand recently? Any other symptoms?

First thing I'd suspect (owing to rapid course) would be a toxin/mycotoxin of some sort but, need further info.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replys but when i had finished writing my message my gobbler had passed and a hen also (that was not showing any signs of being sick). By lame i ment was capable of moving but just sat there. It had been raining then got hot and my wife suggested that it could have just been from the sudden changes in the weather. it went from 0 one morning to 30 by lunch. We had not changed their feed and it was the same brand. They do run with chickens but get locked up seperately. The two gobblers age ranged from 14 months to 20 months and the hen i have know idea. I hope that this helps, i would like some idea as to what was wrong as I do have more.

Back
Top Bottom