Sick turkey - HELP

TarHeelBlue

Songster
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Yukon, Oklahoma
Couldn't find one of our turkeys - then there she was sitting in the coop. She acts as if she is drunk, doesn't seem able to use one leg well - any ideas - was find yesterday. this is my first time with turkeys, so I am stumped. I brought her into the garage, now what????

narraganset. I'm not sure, could be the leg. Here's another mystery. I think it is our Tom, but the knob on top of his beak (don't know the correct name for it) that usually hangs down in front of his face has shrunk. He looks like a hen. (at least that's what the hubby says. Because I know our other Tom and the hen are outside. This is really confusing for a new Turkey person. does this make any sense. I haven't had a chance to really inspect him because he was really scared. I'm letting him calm down and then will try to inspect him really well.

When they are scared they pull their snoods in, so it looks like a little horn instead of a normal dangly snood. I hope he's okay, they're wonderful animals. Good luck getting him to calm down, keep us posted!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom