Sick Turkey?

foxracingchvy

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2023
I have a female Turkey that is about 5 months old. She has been very submissive. Everytime we walk up to her she squats down. I was thinking she is starting to come into her laying age and that’s the issue. Now she has started open mouth breathing. No smell or swollen crop. I’ve never experienced this before. Any suggestions?

I have a female Turkey that is about 5 months old. She has been very submissive. Everytime we walk up to her she squats down. I was thinking she is starting to come into her laying age and that’s the issue. Now she has started open mouth breathing. No smell or swollen crop. I’ve never experienced this before. Any suggestions?
The squatting is submission for breeding. I have no idea what your temperatures are so cannot say whether or not the breathing is because of the heat.

The squatting is submission for breeding. I have no idea what your temperatures are so cannot say whether or not the breathing is because of the heat.
Not warm enough for heat exhaustion. She doesn’t seem to want to hang out with the other birds either. Rather hang out with us

Not warm enough for heat exhaustion. She doesn’t seem to want to hang out with the other birds either. Rather hang out with us
The hanging out with you rather than the other birds is normal for a human imprinted turkey that thinks it is your mate.

Open mouth breathing does not necessarily mean heat exhaustion. What are your temperatures?

I have a female Turkey that is about 5 months old. She has been very submissive. Everytime I walk up to her she squats down. I thought this was due to her coming into her laying age. Now she has started open mouth breathing. No smell or swollen crop. I’ve never experienced this. Anyone have suggestions? Seems to lay around more than normal.
She is getting desperate for a man
Haha do you think that’s what it is? I don’t have any toms. Have you seen this before?

Attachments

• 7C481F94-8763-4308-8B39-1976BB0BE2B5.jpeg
    7C481F94-8763-4308-8B39-1976BB0BE2B5.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 7
The hanging out with you rather than the other birds is normal for a human imprinted turkey that thinks it is your mate.

Open mouth breathing does not necessarily mean heat exhaustion. What are your temperatures?
Today is 61

Back
Top Bottom