sick turkey

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by muddymomma, Oct 10, 2013.

1. muddymomma

muddymomma Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    one of our burbon turkeys is sick. she's not eating or drinking that I can tell and she usually roosts on the porch rail but tonight she was under the porch. she roosted in her normal spot last night but was late to get off the rail which is unusual for her. I didn't notice her foraging like usual today, but I could have missed it. i brought her in a few minutes ago and tried to giver her some water. she wouldn't drink it so used a straw to drip some in her mouth and she drank it but not willingly. her poop is watery, yellow liquid with whitish threads and green spots in the center. pretty much like a chicken's poop but watery. the turkeys free range with the chickens so i immediately thought of black head, but the poop isn't right. and it seems like her crop is large and tight-ish. not sure if that's normal or not as she usually won't let me get my hands on her. i found one of our girls dead yesterday so i'm worried about this one. the one that died had been severely injured a few months back and only was able to use one leg. she didn't get around too much so i didn't notice anything wrong with her till i found her dead. she was very scrawny compared to the one here tonight. any thoughts? not sure what to do for her. our tom is doing fine as of now.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  3. muddymomma

muddymomma Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    actually the poop is like water :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by