Sick turkeys

Kat86

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2018
We got turkeys for the first time this year. They have been doing great then they started looking droopy and a couple seemed more lethargic then others. Then the yellow nasty poop started a few days ago. We cleaned the coop out but one died yesterday. This morning another was dead. I looked up symptoms and came across blackhead which seems most likely. We do have 30 or so free range chickens but they haven’t had direct contact. Anyways I read the treatment was metronidazole and dosages but nowhere does anyone say where to get it? Everything I found online says you need a vet prescription. Is there another way to get it without a prescription? Or another treatment option?

We got turkeys for the first time this year. They have been doing great then they started looking droopy and a couple seemed more lethargic then others. Then the yellow nasty poop started a few days ago. We cleaned the coop out but one died yesterday. This morning another was dead. I looked up symptoms and came across blackhead which seems most likely. We do have 30 or so free range chickens but they haven’t had direct contact. Anyways I read the treatment was metronidazole and dosages but nowhere does anyone say where to get it? Everything I found online says you need a vet prescription. Is there another way to get it without a prescription? Or another treatment option?
You might find some information in this thread.

Last edited:
You might find some information in this thread.
Link broken
Screenshot_20200502-134604.png

Back
Top Bottom