Sick, vomiting hen

Jul 29, 2022
Hi there. One of my hens, who is probably about 2yo, is sick. Two months ago I noticed her acting thrifty and unwell. When I went to drench her with some Nutri-drench she puked on me. I had never seen that before. Water, maybe slightly brown at times continued to seep from her beak at times. She seemed to want lots of water, and still ate some, but had diarrhea and was weak. I researched online and thought it might be gape worm. I treated her for five days with Safe-Guard Equine paste dewormer, (fenbendazole) a pea sized amount each day. Her condition improved! But today I see she is showing the same issues, throwing up, diarrhea, low energy. Does anyone know what she maybe has? I am going to treat her for the worms again, but I'm worried. Thanks for any ideas

The key is first thing in the morning. It should be empty. If it isn’t then you have a crop issue and we can go from there.
Checked her crop this morning, seemed empty? Can't say I've really felt their crops a lot. She also hasn't thrown up this morning, nor did she throw up when I gave her some Nutri-drench so that's good. She hung out in the house for a while, so I can tell she's still not feeling well.

Back
Top Bottom