Sickness Diagnosis and Treatment

Anne4596

Chirping
Nov 27, 2016
Western Nevada
My flock is about 9 months old. They are a mixed flock. I am concerned that they are sick, because they have been a little lethargic, some of their poop is slightly foamy and yellow, and one of them is going through an out of season molt. However, I am unable to take them to a vet. Do you know what sickness they have(if they are sick)? Is it just the cold weather? Should I treat them with antibiotics?
hu.gif
Please help!

What type of feed do they get? Are they eating and drinking? Can you post a picture of the droppings you are seeing? Some cecal poops can be foamy and yellow-brown. Coccidiosis, worms, or other intestinal infections could be ruled out if you got a fecal float done by a vet, who might do it without seeing them. Fresh multiple droppings are best to check. Antibiotics are very difficult to obtain without a prescription nowadays. Corid still is available, since it is not an antibiotic, for treatment of coccidiosis. Good wormers are Valbazen and SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or equine paste.

I forgot to add that you might try some chopped egg, plain yogurt for probiotics with their feed, and add some poultry vitamins to their water.

Back
Top Bottom