Sid gets some girlfriends!---some pics added---

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by allanimals21, Jan 19, 2011.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    So I just confirmed that I will be picking Sid's girlfriends up this sunday. They are 2 Black Shoulder hens that are between 6-8 months old. So they can grow up with him. I'm super excited. Oh and I may get an unsexed white. She's not sure on the sex of the whites which I said is fine. No biggy.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. AndysPeafowlSanctuary

AndysPeafowlSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay you have the pea fever~!

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG] Yep i believe she does [​IMG]
    don't forget to post some pics for us PleaZZZZZZZZ [​IMG]

4. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    I've had pea fever since I bought my first trio 2 years ago. Crap...its like 3 years ago. I got them when they were 1 1/2 years old. That summer they obviously did nothing for me. The 2nd summer I tried to incubate the eggs with my very dumb incubator. So nothing. Last summer I had 3 eggs in the bator and 3 eggs under a duck. When I was cleaning and oops out of my bator one very very dumb naughty barn cat knocked down the eggs which were about 1 1/2 weeks from full term. Well we all know that ended very badly. I was super crushed and wanted to give up on peas. Then I decided to check my duck one morning and what do I find?! My little guy Sid. He was hand raised and is my little buddy. He hatched 7-16-10. --Of course I will post pics of the girls when I get them!--

[​IMG]Heres my baby boy Sid

[​IMG] This is my original male Piper. He is Sid's daddy. Bad pic. It was a cell phone pic.

5. CrazyCowLover

CrazyCowLover New Egg

Dec 28, 2010
    YAY Sid... Lol.. I will bring your girls to you on sunday buddy... be ready!!!! Will he even know how to associate with other birds?

6. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:Hahahahahaha....I just figured you out! LOL Welcome Dude!

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Well looks like sid's dad is a white eye....so maybe sid will be one too.

If you don't have a good incubater get some good broody hens. Then pull them when hatching.

Got luck, nothing like the first one you hand raise

8. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    ok deerman can you tell me this? How do I get pied? If I breed Sid to a white is there any chance of pied? Or what kind of patterns will I get from him and a BS hen and him and a white?

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    If with a BS , chick will be barred wing likesid but split BS.

Trouble hard to tell if sid is split pied ,doesn't look like he is split white. I would try a pied hen , then you may find out if sid is split pied. Split pied don't show white feathers. Reason I said he may be a White Eye, only one parent needs to be white eye to get some white eye chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by