Side by Side in the nesting boxes

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BellevueOmlet, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Everyone I have talked to has said that their chickens will only use one nesting box and wait for that one. I have three chickens with 2 nesting boxes and they don't seem to mind which one they use. The first one that is open is the one they use. I love when they go in at the same time and are next to each other giving their egg song together.
    [​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Pretty girls! [​IMG] Yeah...mine do like yours. They like going on in pairs so they have someone to gossip with while they're working on an egg... [​IMG]

3. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    LOL, that is funny. I'm going to tell that to my wife tonight, She'll love it.

4. We have one nest box that is large...did it for Daisy one of the BO's. Well, it is large enough that two pullets can sit together and actually lay their eggs together. It is large enough that 3 can stand up together in it! It is the favorite box! Some don't want to share the experience but Dolly doesn't take 'no' for an answer...she just plops down and goes to work on laying her egg. At times one will be laying and two decide to join her and it turns into a pushing match. Me thinks they watched too much TV while in the house in the brooder! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: