Side Yard Chickens

Child of Noah

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Upstate New York
Hello everyone! I want to thank everyone for all of the information you have already given me. I read lots and lots and lots before I got my chicks, and there was a lot of helpful advice I found here on BackYard Chickens. My coop will be situated in my side yard, not the back... but I think I still qualify.
I got my six one-day-old chicks on February 28th, and they have spent the past couple weeks in the brooder box in the middle of my living room. Much to the curiosity of my two cats and dog, but it has been curious watching with no real attempts to get to them.
I absolutely love watching them! I am amazed with all of the "chicken" things they do. For their litter I have been using reptile sand, and starting this week they have been taking little dust baths already! They scratch around and peck. It's so fascinating watching them do what they naturally do, and thinking about how that perfectly fits into the ecosystem.
God made chickens to do chicken things, and those chicken things benefit our gardens with the added bonus of giving us eggs. And we barely have to do anything.

Greetings from Kansas, Child of Noah, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! You sound very excited about your chickens! Good luck to you and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom