Sidesaddle for sale in TN- $75.00 ***SOLD!!****

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Moonwalker, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I hate to part with it, but I am moving out of state THIS weekend and am simply running out of space! (Hmmm, which gets the space, the saddle or the carrier with the cats?) You see my dilemma!
    I will sacrifice for $75.00
    It is an antique, probably mid 1800's the tree is solid, it has all the under padding and the horns are tight. The leather is supple, though worn in a couple places. It does NOT have a leaping horn, therefore is a hack saddle, not a hunt saddle. The velvet on the seat is a bit worn and it needs some TLC but can be restored. It does have the girth and billets, but they look like the originals and I would not trust them to actually ride with.
    I was planning to keep it and get some work done on it and actually ride with it (I have a bad back and hip) but I just don't have the room for it.
    I figure someone here may love riding aside as much as I do and want to add this to their collection. I have have a regular Western saddle and another sidesaddle in mine!)
    I am located in Sevierville

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh dear, oh dear! I want this, and not because I need it, but because I am a collecting pack rat and I WANT it!
    I'm staying away, staying away, stop tempting me! [​IMG]

3. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    You're safe. I found a buyer for it this afternoon!

4. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    kewl-I have a sidesaddle my DH's great grandmother rode as a young woman

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I'm still sad - I was working on my husband last night and asking him didn't he want to get it for me for my birthday... [​IMG]

6. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    OOOOH! He's in trouble......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by