Sierra Thompson

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sierra thompson, Mar 24, 2017.

1. sierra thompson

sierra thompson New Egg

Mar 24, 2017
    I'm Sierra I have 27 chickens and 6 baby chicks, one of my baby chicks is sick and I lost a baby chick yesterday. The one that's sick now is eating chick starter mixed with water or milk and is drinking sugar water, is there anything else I can do for her

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sorry for your loss and sick chick. I wouldn't give her milk (it's my understanding poultry have a hard time digesting it) but you can post over on the ER forum to get some help:
    Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures

Best of luck to you!

3. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    How old are your babies?
    What is the temp of the brooder?

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that the ER guys can help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sierra, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Hope your chicks are okay! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Sierra, very nice to meet you. In what way is your chick ill? Have you checked for pasty butt? That's where them poo gets plastered to the back of their vent and they cannot poop again till that is removed. That is a very common cause for loosing baby chicks.

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Sierra [​IMG] Welcome!

I too am sorry to hear of your loss and hope that the folks on the ER Forum are able to assist you in resolving your little one's ailment.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by