1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sigh coop building setback

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bamachicks8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

So we were all set to get started on the coop this weekend we had a "building plan" if you can call it that lol a spot picked out a trailer to haul pallets and some help coming over well we were told(by floor manager ) we could get the pallets for two dollars so 60 dollars for 30 a price we could handle my dh gets there and the main boss doesn't wanna do that he says 4 dollars a pallet that's 120 dollars not worth it so weird had to put off building we did some more searching and have found a couple of more places that have some so hopefully we will have them by this weekend and can actually start sorry had to vent

2. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I go to a carpet wharehouse that has mountains of pallets that they don't want and can take as many as I want. Some look like they've never been used. Check out metal working shops I've gotten some nice ones from them also. Don't give up, there's too many around that can be had for free.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is some of the pallets I got from just one place, I got three trailer loads. some of the pallets were 12ft long.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

How big were you pallets I've did some crude math assuming the pallets are at least 36 by 36 inches I'll have a 6x9 coop I think

4. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    You can bust up the pallets and make your coop any size you want. here's a link to a video on utube about busting up pallets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by