Sigh, First Christmas Away From Home

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mylittlechickpea, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I moved away from last year, but was able to be home on Christmas as DH was PCSing, and we got out at just the right time [​IMG] But this year, will be our first our first on our own, which is a blessing. And the fact he's home is even nicer, one of my friends hubby's left for deployment last week [​IMG] So I'm not complaining. I just miss my family. This is the first year in like 5 that all my cousins are going to be in town, and I'm missing it. We are going to DH's uncle's house for dinner tomorrow night though, I'm very excited to meet the last auntie on the list. And he told me we could go to the beach on Saturday [​IMG] And send pictures to everyone because they will be wearing stockings and hats, and coats, lol.

Merry Christmas!!

Edited for horrible spelling... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Enjoy your time with your hubby is all you can do...

And can I borrow a cuppa chicken? [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Mele Kalikimaka!

They're telling us to expect a white Christmas. [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Have fun and enjoy your time there. You will probably spend the rest of your life trying to get back there. Merry Christmas, and enjoy your time with your DH. [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Its gotta be tough being away from family during this time of year. [​IMG]

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    That first one is hard. I remember our first. His family does not get together at Christmas. They get together after new years. So it was just us and a baby with a 3 ft potted tree. I made a huge dinner because well I am used to cooking for 30 not 3. It was rough. My hubby took some pics and I looked ready to cry in most of them.

Just give them a call and then make it a full day with your husband. I hope you both have a very wonderful day. Hugs and Christmas wishes

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Pfft. We're getting 6 inches to a foot Sunday into Monday.

8. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Quote:Which is exactly why I'm hitting the beach tomorrow [​IMG]

We have a tree, I got a fake one for free, and went to goodwill to go buy some bulbs. They had really nice ones for a first tree, only three bucks I spent, we don't have lights, though. But who needs lights anyways.

We certainly are enjoying our time together now. He'll be leaving on deployment in just three short months! Eek!

Happy Christmas everyone! Wear a hat for me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by