*sigh!* Round 2 of MALE or FEMALE? :)

omi4500

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2014
Inland Empire
Hello, BYC friends. I would again like to ask for your input & opinions about the sex of one of my teeny-boppers. In June, you were all very helpful (and correct!) in helping me determine that my BLRW was a rooster, and we rehomed him within a couple of weeks because we cannot keep roosters in our zoning. Boo! I thought that was our only roo.

Ironically, though, within days of the BLRW leaving, the flock dynamics noticeably changed - and my Delaware pullet (previously "middle of the pack") moved right up into alpha hen position - without even protest from my barred rock pullet (the one that had been the flock leader up until then). I didn't think too much of that as I figured things would change a bit after the BLRW left. However, I was away all last week on vacation, and when I came home I found that the Delaware's comb and wattle had deepened in color - and the comb itself had grown taller. Hmmmf. Now I'm worried we may have another wee roo on our hands... or is this just a pullet that is more developed than the others? I am SUCH a newbie still, but my gut says cockerel. What do you think? :)

FYI - I was told my babies were 1 week old on 4/27 when I bought them, so that makes them all about 15 weeks old now (this one never stops moving, so these are about as good of pics as I could manage via my iPhone this am). Thanks for taking a look!

Some head shots of "Oreo"...

And some tail & back shots...

In the pic below, it's hard to see but there is a small bit of smudging about midway between the collar and the tail:

I would, of course, be thrilled if "Oreo" is a pullet - I really wanted a Delaware layer in my flock! *fingers crossed*

Yep!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom