1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Sigh* Stuck at home... Literally

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, today, I had made plans, lots of them. Pick up the bator, pick up button eggs, meet someone an hour away to get rid of some of the fish, then hit hubby's Grandmother's place for dinner. We got home from getting the bator and eggs, and, the stupid key BROKE OFF in the door. Landlord has someone coming over ASAP, but for today we were SOL, because he couldn't figure out how to get it out. Thankfully, we are in our home, and we can lock our door, BUT, we can't leave! At least one of us has to be here until the stupid thing is fixed. *Sigh*

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thats no fun, hope you get it fixed soon.

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    This reminds me of the day I replaced my front door. I had to take off the former door to take it to the shop for measurements to be transferred to the new door. That meant that my house didn't have a front door for the time I was going to be gone! EEP!!

4. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157
    Put a piece of gum on a pencil. That should be enough to pull the key either out or far enough you can grab it with tweezers.

5. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    just look at the bright side....now your bored like me.....which, in turn, means you have to hang out with us!

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. Well, I'm using the time to stablize the incubator, clean the place up really well, and clean fish tanks, lol. *Sigh* Carpets haven't been shampooed in awhile, and there're cobwebs in the corners, so it's not like I won't have anything to do, lol.

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I have things to do, but if I do them i might miss something here on BYC. [​IMG]

8. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    i agree....i only do necessary stuff....like maybe feed the animals.....otherwise u never know....i learned its possible if you sign off then you wont get ur free chicken!

9. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Free chicken?? Ive missed something, Ill have to stay on here more. [​IMG]

10. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I am think why did he not just install new one? But then some people (men) must do things the hard way

Just kidding guys LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by