Sigh...they grow up so fast

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by desertgirl, Apr 30, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Moved my month olds out to the shed last night. They are fine, seem to love it out there.

And I am very proud of myself...I didn't break out the sleeping bag and spend the night out there with them.[​IMG]

2. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    ahaha! Last year when I got my babies I was wanting a human baby really bad. So bad, that one chicken, Chixsie, became my daughter. I would hold her and say, "mommy's right here, princess girl". It was really hard to move her out to the coop when it was time. She's still my special girl though. Oh yeah and I ended up having a "real" baby [​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It's hard to let go. Be strong. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    The funny thing is, the dog is just as concerned. He's been sleeping outside the shed since the move.[​IMG]

5. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Ha ha, I have noticed (on several occasions) that a cot would fit quite nicely in our coop! The first night I had them in our coop, I actually ended up bringing them back in. Now they would be way too big to bring back in the house!

6. Eggie and Me

Eggie and Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern California
    this thread isn't very encouraging [​IMG] Our first chicks are just about 3 wks old and my son keeps bugging me about finishing the coup and their yard. ALL 7 currently are living in our new huge shower (we used it twice)... [​IMG] My husband is sooooooooo patient. I'm wondering if he'll allow the girls to sleep inside if they want?? [​IMG]

7. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    I wouldn't push it...[​IMG]

And, as much as I hate to admit this, the girls seem much happier outside. They are really acting like chickens since they moved outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by