1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sigh this ends now

Discussion in 'Geese' started by VioletandBodie, Jul 12, 2011.

1. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    we called a rehabiltator for the wild geese but there are 3 american lavenders at the mariana the "baby" was hit by a boat and now it has a broken wing its making me so sad to see such lovly geese that continue to die there over the winter so to night me and my friend are going down there and getting the 3 of them at there bed time so there easyer to catch...were bring swim siuts to just in case lol wish me luck...and heres hoping mom lets me keep them or els they may be looking for new homes though i may know a guy anyways wish me luck

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Good luck

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Were you successful?

4. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    How did it go? [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Whats going on?

6. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    [email protected] acres farm :

You're doing the right thing. I look forward to your update...it's getting dark here... sending good thoughts your way.

Joni

I appears that this is a child going to catch a wild bird in the water in a marina and at night without parents permission or knowledge? I understand your heart is in the right place, but I don't think you are doing the right thing without adult supervision.
    Bob​

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I appears that this is a child going to catch a wild bird in the water in a marina and at night without parents permission or knowledge? I understand your heart is in the right place, but I don't think you are doing the right thing without adult supervision.
    Bob

So as of now no one knows how this turned out? [​IMG]

8. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Don't go after geese in deep water. They can push you under. They can be fierce fighters and they are in their element on the water.

If you can wade after them, that should be OK. Be aware that geese do not go comatose at night like chickens do. Even at night, they don't miss anything.

9. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Seems like the young person might be grounded.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by