Sign a Pro-Chicken Petition for Cary, NC!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by LisaJean, Apr 2, 2009.

1. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi folks!

Recently the passed new laws here in NC allowing backyard chickens in Durham and Chapel Hill. But Cary is being stubborn, and maintaining their chickenlessness.

At this link is a petition you can sign to help the citizens of Cary with their fight to be allowed chickens. You don't have to be local to sign. Thanks!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/allow-backyard-chickens-in-cary-nc

2. MHF

MHF Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Done [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. Eggs-Actly

Eggs-Actly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Daytona - Florida
    Done:D

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I get ticked as all get-out when out of the area, out of state folks start telling my state/county/city how we should run our business and change our laws.

It is one thing to provide supportive information: data about the number of cities that have changed their code to allow backyard flocks, the way various ordinances are worded and what is/is not allowed in other areas, that chickens are the latest greatest pet, real versus perceived concerns, etc. But if people sign a petition urgin my state/county/city to make changes, they'd better darn well be citizens, or I have no interest in what they have to say, regardless of hteir position.

It's not any different than if China or Italy or Great Britain told the US how to run our country.

5. Sir Peeps A Lot

Sir Peeps A Lot New Egg

Apr 15, 2009
    Go for it Cary! I'm trying to get the law changed in Red Springs, NC. I went in front of the commissioners this past week and should be told an answer at next months meeting. I'll let you know.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by