Sign language anyone?? (video added)

GracefulBantams

Hatching and Showing
13 Years
Oct 10, 2007
Oklahoma
I was just wondering if any of you have ever learned/used sign language. I learned it just to go with one song I did at Christmas, but now I am really interested in it and I'm thinking of really learning ASL (American Sign Language).
Oh, here's a link to a video of when I signed for that song at my church.

Last edited:
I was going to become an interpreter for the Deaf/HH but withdrew early. I only took ASL 1, 2 and 3 as well as Finger-spelling. (I can finger spell fast and accurately!) I rarely get to use it and really miss my Deaf/HH friends.

Are you doing this to become an interpreter or do you have relatives/friends who are Deaf/HH?

Just curious....
smile.png

Pedro

PS I also have a designated Deaf name...a friend gave it to me. I wish I could use my sign language...It's such a beautiful language, don't you agree?

I took sign language classes...very hard when you don't have someone to practice with!!...I was the only deaf person in the class and felt out of place!!....so I don't remember much....

paganfish- I would like to become an interpreter, I just don't know where yet
roll.png

lacy_94 - it is such a beautiful song, isn't it
smile.png

I was just wondering, any of you that know ASL, how accurate do you think my signing was in that video? I learned it from a couple of different sources and I hope I didn't mess it up :eek:

Quote:
It was VERY good. You have very good fluid motions with your hands and positioning your body to describe space and time...this is VERY good. I hope you keep up with it.

Although, I think the facial gestures need work. You did say you had just started...and so that will come in time.

Again, I thought it was AWESOME! Keep doing it! Deaf/HH people will appreciate you for it. You will be their ears and voice...I can't tell you how GREAT a feeling that is.

Pedro

Quote:
Don't worry about that yet. Just do the training and the resources will become available as you excel in the field. Good luck to you. Now I want to take more...

I'll tell you this...when you start dreaming that you are signing to folks, it'll blow your mind! LOL!

Pedro

PS Assuming you are not dreaming those dreams now. They blow my mind...and make me miss it all the more!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom