Sign of the times: Shoe polish

I still have two pairs of paddock boots and a pair of military boots that are over 14 years old now and still wearable because I took care of them properly. I buy my mink oil etc from the tack store. But I am pretty sure I have seen leather care polish etc at the local grocery as well.
We even still have a cobbler in the city. Not sure how he stays in business, but he is still there

Last time I polished anything was in the Army. Did a lot of polishing there. Had to have your boots spit shined at first formation. Then you would spend the day trashing them out. Gave you something to do every night. that was one of the things I swore I would never do again when I got done doing my time.

I've gotten polish at Wal-mart, but not recently. My husband was just at the shoe repair shop a couple of weeks ago, to pick up a pair of shoes he got resoled. They were Dockers, from Kohl's. Not too fancy, there!
big_smile.png
He's had other brands resoled, too, like Rockports. I just asked and he said they still had lots of shoe polish and other supplies. Maybe it just depends on where you live.

I've always had a stash of assorted leather care supplies for shoes, jackets, purses and whatever. My Dad taught me how to take care of leather, sharpen a knife and change the oil in a car when I was growing up.

I used to love polishing shoes, but now the fumes make me really sick.
sickbyc.gif

all of my kids get 2 pairs of shoes a year. one pair for the summer and one pair for winter. myself, i am basically the same. i have 1 pair of winter shoes, and 1 pair of summer shoes. my husband has had the same pair of boots for 2 years now.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom