Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pokey, Mar 21, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    anybody else pregnant with heartburn? well if the old wives tale is true and you have lots of heartburn and have a baby with lots of hair then i am having a baby bigfoot!!!! [​IMG]

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I had 3, had heart burn with all of them, and all three were born with rugs [​IMG] and never lost it either

3. Chauntecleer's Keeper

Chauntecleer's Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    West Little Rock, AR
    My wife and I are going to have our first baby on Monday the 23rd. She was just commenting to how bad her hartburn has been. I should have bought stock in Malox. [​IMG]

4. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i heard women used to eat starch or something like that to help. [​IMG]
    i've had to resort to zantac, rolaids and tums weren't helping. but the worst thing i have found so far to give me the worst grief is bananas!
    oh, and cucumbers! i love both but right now i might as well be eating sulfuric acid.......

5. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    My baby girl is 8 weeks old and she is the only one that I had heartburn with. She had a full head of hair...but my others had MORE and I did not have heartburn with them.
    Sorry you are having it with this baby!

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I know the feeling... I think I'm pregnant with chewbaca...

7. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    I am happy for the both of you but there all types of wives tales, cravings, mine for the first dd was fresh whole milk I went though a gallon or two a week, kfc cole slaw and a mexican resturant close by had a killer guaqimolli and that was a twice a week or more craving. For the second dd it was peanut butter and anchovices which I didn't like before I was pg and didn't get until she was about a month old.

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    With my last one - water gave me heartburn! My doctor told me I could take 150mg of Zantac morning and evening and take Tums as needed. That seemed to keep it under control. [​IMG]

I know that "head of hair" stuff is just and old wives tale, but my heartburn got worse with each of my 3 kids and each baby was born with more hair than the one before. Hmmmmmmm....

9. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    well, can everybody else breathe after you eat? i think baby bigfoot has both her feet or head pushed up into my stomach. half the time i'm hungry but can't eat a lot but feel like i ate a 7 course meal. then the heartburn kicks in. and honestly i can't breathe . doctor says its normal, i think i'm ready for baby to be out!!!!

10. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I feel for ya! I must have ate 5 or 6 LARGE bottles of rolaids when I was pregnant. My little blonde son had hair past his collar & down over his ears. He looked like a little hippey lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by