Signs of Mildew Poisioning ???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by happyhappy, Jan 12, 2011.

1. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    In the last rain we had a leak run down the post that the feeder box hangs on! I found this a few days ago when I threw in my egg shells. I pulled most of the mildew out but some sluffed off now I have cleared the whole box and it did run all the way down but just in the back corner. Of 7 birds I don't think they got much if any but now I have a bird that did not feel like free ranging today and just sat by the fence all day. She had clear eyes, red comb and layed an egg later in the day. Checked her wings legs, since she a rather large Brahma, and will jump up to her roost and down (3) feet. But they all look fine except for Haskell.

I have noticed that all of them have a florescent blue green poop but that I feel is because of some kale and collards that I fed yesterday. They eat more veggies then mash and do eat quite a bit of scratch (spoiled) kids. I would think that they ate more free ranging the last few days then their mash! Anyone that has had a bird fail because of this I have heard that the symptoms may take awhile to form. Thanks in advance, worried mommie!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    Thanks Imp - Haskell is better today she may have been a little bound up, and the green poop is gone was veggies! But I am going to keep my eye on them down the road. Started with cider vinegar in water today! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by