Signs of spring 🌷

Nay

Songster
Sep 19, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Seeing any signs of spring yet?
We've had a pretty mild winter here so far in Scotland.
You can never be sure if it's going to get worse (I suspect it will) but in the meantime I have blooms from this shrub that's growing out of one of the stone walls on the property.
20200127_104416.jpg
20200127_104402.jpg

Seeing any signs of spring where you are? I'd love to see what's coming up on your side of the world! (Bonus points if you can identify this plant, as I have no idea!)
Thank you! ☺️

Attachments

• 20200127_104402.jpg
    20200127_104402.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 1
Lots of grey here too! It’s been raining constantly it seems. My Japanese magnolias are starting to bloom though. I’ll try to get a picture in a few days if/when the rain stops!!!

No signs of spring in Minnesota (northern USA). We still have snow on the ground, and the sun hasn't shine in weeks it seems. It's been a pretty warm winter thus far so I can't complain. It's been in the 20-30s (F) which is warm for Minnesota this time of year.

No signs of spring in Minnesota (northern USA). We still have snow on the ground, and the sun hasn't shine in weeks it seems. It's been a pretty warm winter thus far so I can't complain. It's been in the 20-30s (F) which is warm for Minnesota this time of year.
I've heard Minnesota winters can be brutal! So it's nice that things aren't too harsh this year for you🌞
Hopefully under that snow you have some beautiful things getting ready to spring up at just the right time 😊

Lots of grey here too! It’s been raining constantly it seems. My Japanese magnolias are starting to bloom though. I’ll try to get a picture in a few days if/when the rain stops!!!

Is it common for magnolias to start blooming this early where you are?

I've heard Minnesota winters can be brutal! So it's nice that things aren't too harsh this year for you🌞
Hopefully under that snow you have some beautiful things getting ready to spring up at just the right time 😊

There will be a ton of beautiful things coming up in the spring. I planted daylilies, irises, peonies and magnolias last year and I cannot wait to see them bloom. I think I have 15 kinds of peonies. :eek:

Is it common for magnolias to start blooming this early where you are?

There will be a ton of beautiful things coming up in the spring. I planted daylilies, irises, peonies and magnolias last year and I cannot wait to see them bloom. I think I have 15 kinds of peonies. :eek:
Oh I love peonies and always wanted to try them! I'll have to do some research to see if they will work here ☺️

Back
Top Bottom