1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Signs You Have Been in Front of the Incubator For Too Long

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cherlyn, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    K, here is mine.

When you look anywhere around your house (when you are not in front of your 'bator), you are convinced you see little movement where there is none.

Or is this just me?

Any others?

~Cherlyn

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

em, as for me i never get that "sense".

but i always want to get my hand inside the bator and grab one and candle them. but i can resist it. [​IMG]

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    hmmm for me, wake up talking chickens, during the day all day long talking chickens...dinner time when DH has been at work on a 48hrs shift first thing you say is "omg!!! today the chickens this/that"..going to bed, Hey I was thinking on the chickens what if we....

grocery...looking at eggs and wondering...hmmm I wonder if I could candle this....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    I know I've been in front of the 'bator and hatcher too long when my DH brings me dinner or drinks to the incubator/hatcher room.

My neighbors come over to visit and head straight to the incubator and hatcher, and to check what's in the brooder.

5. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:LOL!

~Cherlyn

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Definately the movement thing.

I know I have been to long in front of the bator when I have to go get the the LED sight light off my husband's handgun because I have depleted all the batteries in the maglights.

7. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:[​IMG]

~Cherlyn

8. Bananas

Bananas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    When every time a neighborhood bird chirps, you jump and run to the incubator to check the eggs for pips!

9. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:So true!

~Cherlyn

10. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

When I start thinking I'm hearing chicks all over the house and looking in on the 'bator. My incubator is in the room next to me and there is a window in between, quite often open, so I think it must be from the incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by