This isn't coop design, but it doesn't fit under "incubation" either....so if someone knows a better place for my question, please let me know. My wonderful husband built me a new incubator from an old office size refrigerator. He had it finished; sitting on the workbench; plugged in to make sure everything worked properly. I went to check it out, opened the door, and had my breathe taken away by the smell of silicone!! I know if it bothered me, it would probably kill any embryos. Will the silicone fumes disipate as it "ages"? Should I remove all of the silicone? Am I correct in my assumption that the silicone fumes would kill the embryos? Any help would be greatly appreciated.