Silie Chick Introduced to Grown Indian Runer (Male and Female)

Belba

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
I have one male and one female Indian Runner duck. They are laying eggs and the female sits on them whenI do not take her eggs. I am thinking about bringing in a Silkie chick/hen to the mix, but I am not sure how either breed would respond to the other. Please inform me on any information you have read or have gathered from experience. Aything is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You mean a silkie duck, right? From what I have read and experienced, it is entirely up to the ducks. I kid you not, I have had some nice introducktions, and some - well - less than easy ones.

Let's just say that Einz spent at least three weeks screaming at the new ducks. Screaming. She is a runner duck. I think she strained her vocal chords. sheesh.

Life is good now. Still, our drake and his two ducks are separated by divider fence from the runners and the other buff about half the year due to some really convoluted, complicated relationship dynamics. R rated movie stuff.

Last edited:
I would not put a silkie hen in the mix unless you at least get more female ducks. Your drake may try and mate with your chicken if he only has one female duck and this can kill the chicken.

Back
Top Bottom