Silike/Frizzle Cochin crosses

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Ondra's Seramas, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I have seen Sizzle mentioned, but I am not clear if they are first generation Silkie/Frizzle crosses, or a breed that breeds true.

Recently, our Black Silkie appeared out of nowhere with 6 little chicks, which is a huge surprise. This hen is 4 or 5 and has never even lingered on a nest.
    Anyway, I noticed that the father appears to be our recently deceased Black Frizzled Cochin. So, with the mother a Black Silkie, and the father a Black Frizzled Cochin, what will they look like when they grow up? Right now they are little black things with white underbellies, 5 toes, and skin that is mostly black, except they have white toe tips.

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I'm sure I've read this on here somewhere, but I don't remember what I read... I'm going to start looking so we can both know!

In the mean time, maybe this will bump you up so someone with experience will come by and help...

3. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Oh theres a lady near me who has some sizzles just like those! I was going to go get some sometime this week. I'll take pics o them and post for you. They were just the softest sweetest little things!

4. jackiesmamachick

jackiesmamachick Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    One of my roosters is a sizzle he is beautiful back with silver end of feathers he looks like a frizzle and his neck feathers are silver so soft

5. Ondra's Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Thank you very much. That helps.
    So is there any chance that they will be silkied?

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    mate the frizzled F1 back to a silkie and you'll get some frizzled silkies (frizkies)....

7. Ondra's Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Quote:Cool! I love the look of those. I will do that. Thanks for the tip!

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I used to raise Sizzles, If you check out my website you can see photos of the little cuties and an explanation on how to breed them. There is also a Yahoo group for Sizzle breeders. Sizzles as a breed are a work in progress but they are very sweet and entertaining little chickens.

9. Ondra's Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by