Silkie acting strange

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tatteddragonfly, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Tatteddragonfly

Tatteddragonfly New Egg

Mar 24, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a white silkie bantam that is almost a yr old. Well she was fine yesterday, but today is a different story:/

She has not eaten alot, she has drank, and she just doesnt move alot. I do have a frizzle roo, but I dont know if she is broody yet. This is my first batch of chickens and she is always on the move, so to see her not really doing awhole lot just bothers me...If anyone has any ideas into why she is acting this way I would so appreciate it...Thank you...

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Is she staying in the nest or coop?

If she's lethargic & out in the yard, she may be ill & not broody.

3. Tatteddragonfly

Tatteddragonfly New Egg

Mar 24, 2009
    She was eating yesterday evening for the 1st time all day, but this afternoon when I came home she was so far dug into the nesting box that you could barely even see her. I did go near her and see if she was ok and a low growl came out of her, so I am thinking that she is broody...[​IMG]

She(Snowball) and Pumpkin are the calmer of the 3 hens, so I kinda worry about her and if she has chicks. I have an Americauna(DragonFly) that is a little rough around the edges...Well if she has babies that will add to the 17 pullets I just bought...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by