Silkie Advice

Je33ieg

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 10, 2012
Clemson, SC
Ok, so I was recently given 8 baby silkie chickens for free, which i desperately need to get rid of. I have been putting them on Craigslist for sale, and have had several people interested in them. One person is only interested in one of my splash pullets, who i believe is the most gorgeous out of all of my flock. They are offering me $75 for her, but i am not sure if i should sell her or not! any advice??

i dont want to be stuck with all of these baby chicks, and im afraid i need to sell what i can in case i get stuck with them.

Could you post some pics of them? I agree that $75 is a great offer for one pullet, they must see something in her to offer that much. If you want to keep her, just tell them she isn't for sale and offer them a splash or blue chick (if you have some). We can't always get what we want...
When I sell on Craigslist (usually chicks), people ALWAYS try to buy my breeder birds when they come to look at/pick up chicks. I just politely inform them that I am advertising such and such for sale and my breeders are not an option. Good luck :)
Nikki

Great advice, thanks :) i would much rather them take the babies, bc i do really love this girl! but I have so many babies right now that i'm worried i'll end up with too many. but i think i will regret selling my splash hen. i know im partial to her, but i think shes gorgeous!

Aw, she's beautiful! I wouldn't sell her either, she reminds me of my splash girl Ellie Mae (everyone always tries to get her too. NO WAY!).

Nikki

Back
Top Bottom