1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie babies are growing up

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Orcae, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Orcae

Orcae Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    My (bearded?) silkies are growing up! Its kind of bittersweet - I love watching them grow up, but its difficult knowing if more than one are males, the extras must be rehomed [​IMG]

Here's Terk, my favorite of the bunch and a suspected cockerel (without much evidence to go by - simply guessing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Charmin.
    [​IMG]

And Halyn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Those little babies r so cute!!![​IMG]

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Darling fuzzies!

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yeah...I loved my little partridge silkie, but I was highly suspicious of him starting at about 6 weeks...his legs were thicker, his comb was more noticeable, he feathered out so much slower... But he was so daggone sweet, and cute, and quirky...
    Your little ones are cutie pies. Wishing for pullets for you [​IMG]

6. branston

branston Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Virginia
    VERY CUTE! What age are they?

7. Orcae

Orcae Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Thanks! I'm hoping if any of them are roos, its Charmin, the white one (so I'd have matching hens)

They were about 8 weeks old when I got them, which makes them around...11 weeks now!

8. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    I love my silkies, all silkie chicks are soo cute they are fun to watch grow. Your chicks are sooo cute!![​IMG]

9. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

When I first heard about Silkies, I dismissed them, didn't think I'd like them... Was I ever wrong!!! Now I love the little puffballs and they are more than half of my flock. [​IMG]

10. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I have 7 Silkies now, all about to start laying. And I just couldn't stand it, so I now have 40 eggs in the bator due to hatch this weekend. And, have 12 more coming [​IMG] I absolutely love my silkies, I'm pretty sure I need about a dozen of each color. I loved watching mine go through the feathering out stage [​IMG] I just wish it was easier to tell pullet from cockerel [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by