Silkie Baby Guesses?? I know, I know, just anxious

Marion1975

Chirping
Oct 16, 2018
20191212_183859.jpg
20191212_183856.jpg
20191212_183631.jpg
20191212_183642.jpg
Two 9 week old silkies. I know its hard but its fun to take a best guess. Give me yours!!

Last edited:
I'm going to say it's dang near impossible to tell for sure at that age, unless one popped up bright mulberry comb early. If we're just guessing for fun, pullets but they develop slow. I bought 2 supposed pullets at that age. One showed his true colors within a couple months. The other took a while before I realised she was a he. Normally I've been pretty good at telling but those 2 fooled me.

I've not had any problems with silkies fighting each other, male or female. When I had more silkies, I even put the grow outs of other chickens with them when transitioning outside and no fights.

I've not had any problems with silkies fighting each other, male or female. When I had more silkies, I even put the grow outs of other chickens with them when transitioning outside and no fights.
Well, I hope theyre pullets but, if not, I hope I can keep the 2 little guys. Ive had them since day one. Funny little things, theyre crazy looking right now! Thank you

I have four frizzled satins about the same age as yours. Im hoping in another month or two I can tell what they are. Silkies/satins are tricky to sex.
They are!! And Im super impatient! I'd be ok with a little guy as I dont have any roosters at all, just hoping I have one gal.....

Back
Top Bottom