Silkie Bantam boy or girl?

scarletbaby

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 23, 2010
Hi everyone! I just got my first chicken a few weeks ago and i am a complete novice. My dad and I were told that this chicken was a girl but i am having doubts now. They also said she was a 4-6 month old chicken when we got her. She-he is adorable and affectionate and follows me everywhere I go and i just need to know what she is. My city says we can't have roosters so if she is one i dont want to get any more attached to her than i already am (it might be too late tho =/ ). Thanks for the help.
58376_dsc07544.jpg

58376_dsc07540.jpg

58376_dsc07517.jpg

58376_dsc07523.jpg

i dearly hope not.... maybe if i wish hard enough it will turn into a girl
hmm.png
Thank you for your help tho
big_smile.png

If it's that old, wouldn't it be crowing by now if it's a rooster? I believe my other roosters crowed by around 5 months or thereabouts.

well darn, hopefully he keeps quiet so we can keep him. He only makes quiet chirps and purring sounds right now...so odd. Oh, and thanks lilpeeps for clarifying her breed, i was wondering why she didnt look exactly like all of the other silkie chicken pictures on the internet.

well for other people looking at this thread for reference in determining the sex of their silkie/cochin, she was in fact a he. He crowed three times yesterday and hasnt done it since but once is enough for me. I'm not sure what to do with him. I guess i will keep him until the neighbors complain.

Back
Top Bottom