Silkie Bantam Rooster?

espers

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2022
Hi all, I'm back with another silly rooster question. My last post was about my Lavender Orpington and soon after that post he started crowing much more prominently and grew about twice as big. He's a sweet boy and I'm so happy to have him.

However I'm now wondering if I have a silkie bantam rooster as well. This one has started crowing and I noticed more prominent features in their comb (the walnut looking bit). I did a lot of Googling and I think this is normal looking for a silkie, but again as I'm newer to backyard chickens I want to double check.

This chicken is almost 18 weeks old, if that helps. Thank you all again for your help.

20220916_132856.jpg

20220916_132734.jpg

20220916_132631.jpg

Hi all, I'm back with another silly rooster question. My last post was about my Lavender Orpington and soon after that post he started crowing much more prominently and grew about twice as big. He's a sweet boy and I'm so happy to have him.

However I'm now wondering if I have a silkie bantam rooster as well. This one has started crowing and I noticed more prominent features in their comb (the walnut looking bit). I did a lot of Googling and I think this is normal looking for a silkie, but again as I'm newer to backyard chickens I want to double check.

This chicken is almost 18 weeks old, if that helps. Thank you all again for your help.

View attachment 3262151

View attachment 3262152

View attachment 3262154
how pretty and that is a male
just for back up @Silkie Princess @Silkiesaz

View attachment 3262151

View attachment 3262152

View attachment 3262154
Male

Thank you all so far for taking a look. Should I worry now that I have two roosters competing for space, with my 2 hens? I know for sure the others are hens at least. :)

Back
Top Bottom