1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie Bantam Sexing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LittleMonster3, Dec 23, 2015.

1. LittleMonster3

LittleMonster3 New Egg

Dec 23, 2015
    Hi Guys I understand that some of you out there are having a bit of trouble sexing your Silkie Bantams so I thought I would put some pictures up of my 2.5 month old babies for you to help you out.

[​IMG]
    This is our little rooster who is 2.5 months old he has a rounder/oval shaped comb/crest and his feathering is a lot thicker and buffier.

[​IMG]
    This is our 2.5 month old female who has a slim comb and her feathering on her head is a little more straggly and not as thick, we know this is a female as we have 2 already who are now 2 years old who have both great little egg layers when they are not broody, usually 1 a day, they started laying when they were around a year old and they both have a comb that looks like this.

They make great little pets although the one pictured above doesn't really like to be touched all that much she is a little runner where our other 2 females don't mind a pat they are way more cuddly.

Anyway hope this helps guys

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by