Silkie boy - Right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ravie, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Ravie

Ravie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I was given this little fellow in April. He was probably at least 4 weeks old at the time. I am 90% certain that this is a cockerel. He has little raspberry colored wattles! My husband calls him Pinkerton. What a dumb name. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    I think Pinkerton is a cute name...definitly a silkie of some sort [​IMG]

3. The Kibble Goddess

The Kibble Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Sylvania, Ga
    I think I've got a roo too. But I'm still not sure and they'll be 16 weeks Monday. It's amazing how blue their ears are!

4. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chillin' With My Peeps

Could be, we have white cockerel took him long time to reveal his gender. His four brothers however were hormonally crazy early in their life. They had to go way to aggressive with the hens. If you do not have any additional silkies for him to mate the flock will ostracize him. Lack of Red comb & wattles do not attract the typical large foul hen. Our little guy has to chase the girls down to mate. We have one Black chick with 5 toes and standard feathers still not sure if it is from an Araucana or an Australorps hen. Never seen which egg she hatched from. Cute little chick, always jumping up in our hands when we go to the brooding pen.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Looks like a boy to me [​IMG] Cute!

6. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    nothing screams roo to my eyes... at least not yet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by