silkie breeder in greensboro \ burlington nc. area?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by rebel yell, Aug 4, 2010.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    i am still looking for some s\\q or b\\q blue or splash silkies around the greensboro\\ burlington area, grown birds or chicks, anyone have any to part with plese pm me, got some blacks from randlman nc. a week ago (a trio) the man already had them boxed up & ready to go when i got there & like always i bleved what he said " they were 8 months old & in great shape" got them home & no brest on them at all, judging by the roosters spurs he had to be at lest 3 years old one of the hens died 4 days later, oh & they were suposed to be s\\q birds, no way, they will be nice looking p\\q, its a shame what some people will do for that allmighty $, this was my first silkies & i want more so plese anyone close by with quilty silkies plese pm me.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    If I get anymore eggs would you be interested from my hen who won Reserve Feather Leg and Best of Breed severel times. She is molting now, I'd be glad to show you what she looks like when not in molt and some of the babies we have has hatched. The father is splash his bloodline is hattrick and amber waves. She is Cathryn Walden.
    [​IMG]
    SHE IS THE BLUE HEN

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] so sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way....

If you want QUALITY birds, you'll need to learn the Standard of Perfection. Any bird you consider buying, you should physically/visually inspect from head to toe.

When I first started with Silkies, I didn't really know the difference in quality either.... [​IMG] you should see some of the ones I came home with...still have most of them; they're "pets", not allowed to breed, but have a forever home with me.

Try attending some of the Fall shows, most breeders bring birds for sale too.
    Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by