silkie breeders in mn! I need you

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by roocrazy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. roocrazy

roocrazy Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    im in southern mn and i need silkies for show and everywhere else is too spendy or bad quality

PLEASE HELP ME!!![​IMG]

2. justhatchin

justhatchin Songster

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
  3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Amy Piehl has some beautiful Silkies. She's in Sleepy Eye. Is that near you? She's a member of the ASBC.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    are they good quality eggs worthy to show?[​IMG]

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    im a newbie and dont know how to bid lol its really confusing

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Yes I believe they are. Google her name and city, you should find her website or other contact info. [​IMG]

7. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Crowing

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    I'm Amy Piehl..... feel free to contact me for info on getting started in showing silkies. At this fall's BCPPA show in New Ulm I am working on a State meet set up for the ASBC and Westen Nationals for the NSBA. I tentatively have Eric Kutch from CA coming up here to judge the featherlegs. Should see some of the top birds in the midwest coming up here!

Couple warnings.... If you do decide to show this breed, it takes alot of hard work to keep them in condition for the show ring. Its not exactly a cheap breed to get into compared to other chickens either.

I live just about 2 hours from you. I was at the swap In Albert Lea this spring. You are welcome to come up here and I will show you my setup. There is still a waiting list on the chicks and any youngsters I may get rid of though.
    Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: