Silkie Breeders in Washington St.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aarissilkiesmooth, Jan 20, 2012.

1. aarissilkiesmooth

aarissilkiesmooth Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    Poulsbo, WA
    Hey out there, BYCers, looking to get to know silkie breeders in Wa. I'm a newby at raising poultry, my first birds are turning a year in Feb. Have some real nice layers giving lots of eggs. My heart is in bearded silkies though. Have been looking around for the right birds to start a breeding flock for the past year too, although my first set of silks are just 5 months old. My second set is one chick I hatched from my new bator about 2 weeks ago. Have set plans to get eggs from Cat Dance Silkies in a week and look forward to what will come from those.

Hoping to get to know some in state breeders that would be willing to share knowledge and answer questions. Would love to foster some friendships in the years to come with people as passionate about beards as I am. My Name is Aaron, look forward to hearing back.

2. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
  3. dwhite

dwhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    If you are close you can come to the show in Monroe in March and make some good contacts.

4. aarissilkiesmooth

aarissilkiesmooth Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    Poulsbo, WA
    Do you have more info on that show? Like what is the venue, dates, times etc... Monroe is about a two hour trip across the ferry for me, think I'd like to come check it out.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by