Silkie Breeders?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Tanichca, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Hello all!
    Well, I am sick and tired of trying to find show/breeding quality silkies on craigslist. So, Seeing as BYC is the largest compilation of chicken people that i know of, i decided to post this up and see if there are any silkie breeders who are willing either to ship eggs, or sell live birds. Im in Tucson, AZ, so i would prefer that any breeders be nearby or within a few hour drive. So, If you want to join you can either PM me or post up on the thread!
    Anyone else who is looking for silkie breeders can also join in, no matter what state you're from. [​IMG]
    If there are any other threads about this topic, please let me know!
    For you breeders- Tell me:
    Name:
    BYC name:
    Website (if available)
    Email (PM me about this one, its too dangerous to post it out here)
    Colors of silkies you raise:
    Price: (For eggs, live birds, whatever)

Maybe after this is done, i can post up a silkie breeder directory!
    Thanks everyone!
    [​IMG]

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    No one?
    Really?
    Hmm... [​IMG]

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG]
    will no-one post up on here im desperate!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Quote:Name: Sally
    BYC name: Little Ameraucana mom
    Website www.heavenlyspringsquarterhorses.com
    Email (PM me about this one, its too dangerous to post it out here)
    Colors of sillie: Porcelian,lavender,BBS
    Price: (For eggs, live birds) Just depends on color,quality and sex

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Name: Chelsea

BYC name: SundownWaterfowl

Website (if available): www.SundownSilkies.com

Email (PM me about this one, its too dangerous to post it out here): It's on my website anyways. [email protected]

Colors of silkies you raise: Bearded Buff, Bearded Splash, Bearded Blue and Bearded Black. I also do have a trio of Bearded White that I might start breeding in 2011.

Price: (For eggs, live birds, whatever) Prices of birds/eggs are listed on my website. I do ship live birds and eggs when available.

NPIP Certified #21-1211

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
  7. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Sonoran Silkies is in AZ and George Mihalik is in NM. George is not on BYC, so he can't post, but these 2 breeders are the bomb! [​IMG]

8. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:I have heard of George Mihalik (i even met him once, a really GREAT guy!) i also know of sonoran silkies, contacted her once, and never heard back from her. O well...

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Oh, Suze (Sonoran Silkies) is just busy. Keep trying, she should get back to you. She sells adult birds, no chicks or eggs. [​IMG]
    Yes, George is a great guy. He has a partner tending his flock, so his birds aren't at his house any longer. But give him a call. [​IMG]

10. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    The American Silkie Bantam Club already puts out one of these directories with all this info. Dues are $15 for individual membership and you have access to their directory, website, forum, etc. Go to shows and meet the people that are actually exhibiting this breed. Get on a waiting list with them for stock. These aren't the people who are sitting on tons of birds that they are struggling to sell for $5 on Craigslist. There are alot of people advertising "show quality" but have no idea what it takes to really compete. Don't be roped into the lure of SQ eggs either. Even from the best show stock, not every every offspring will be perfect (or even close). Chicks are a better bet, but still no guarantee on your next show winner. On young stock, you can take a pretty good guess but still really don't know until that bird completely finishes out (might be up to a year). All depends on how much of a gamble you want to take...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by